If you have one or more Smart Relay Boxes, you may choose to configure Wi-Fi for each one. The Smart Relay Box can function without a Wi-Fi connection, but without it you won’t be able to track the status of concentrators that are plugged into the Smart Relay(s), nor will you receive software updates for those devices.
There are two procedures available:
- Automatic Wi-Fi Configuration – assumes that 1) You have a Pro Plus™ system, and 2) you want the same Wi-Fi connection for your Smart Relay(s) that you use for your Pro Plus™.
- Manual Wi-Fi Configuration – necessary if you want to connect to Wi-Fi for HVO models other than the Pro Plus™, or if you want the Smart Relay(s) to use a different Wi-Fi network than the Pro Plus™ is connected to.
From the Pro Plus™ touchscreen, you will temporarily connect the Pro Plus™ to a special Wi-Fi network called “HVO_rbx_setup”, which is broadcast by the Smart Relay(s). This will enable the Pro Plus™ to share its primary Wi-Fi information with the Smart Relay(s).
Before you begin, make sure that the following conditions are true:
- The Pro Plus™ is connected to Wi-Fi and data is being transmitted. You should be able to login to the Seeing Eye Portal and view a graph that shows current data.
- The HVO System has charged and reached the high setpoint pressure. The Smart Relay(s) Main Signal LED(s) are OFF.
- If you have more than one Smart Relay, unplug all but one. There can only be one not-yet-connected Smart Relay box powered on at a time. As each relay box is connected to Wi-Fi, you can leave it powered on.
- All Smart Relays are located within 50 feet of the Pro Plus™ Main.
- The Smart Relay status LED is purple, periodically blinking green. This indicates that the Smart Relay is in Wi-Fi Access Point mode, and is accepting connections to “HVO_rbx_setup”.
Using the Automatic Method:
- Go to the Wi-Fi Configuration Page, which is on the Settings Page. You'll need your PIN, which is all zeroes by default.
- In the dropdown list, select the network called “HVO_rbx_setup”. If it isn't present, make sure that there's a Smart Relay Box plugged in and touch Refresh to repopulate the list.
- Enter the password “HVO4thewin” (Password is case-sensitive. The “O” is a letter, not a number), and touch the light green “enter” button.
- The page should display the following message: “ATTENTION: You connected to a special Smart Relay Box Wi-Fi setup network. Click continue to share Wi-Fi info with the relay box.”
- Click “Continue…” You should see a page like the one shown below:
- Confirm that the information on this page is correct, especially that the network SSID reflects the name of the network that you want to connect to. If it is correct, click on “Share Wi-Fi Information”. The page that follows will display the message, “Sent Wi-Fi connection data to the Smart Relay box. It will now reboot and connect to Wi-Fi.”
- A blue button will prompt you to “Return to Original Wi-Fi?”. Click this button, and your original Wi-Fi connection will be restored.
It will take the Smart Relay about 30 seconds to reboot. Listen for a “chirp” sound, and check the Relay Box status LED, which should be solid green. You should begin to see data for the Smart Relay in the Seeing Eye Portal.
Repeat this procedure for each additional Smart Relay box. You can allow Smart Relay(s) that have already connected to Wi-Fi to remain powered on.
Use the following procedure to manually configure Wi-Fi for your Smart Relay(s).
- The Smart Relay box is powered on and has a purple status LED that periodically blinks green.
- The Smart Relay Box is broadcasting a Wi-Fi network called “HVO_rbx_setup”, which you can see from a Wi-Fi-capable device such as a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
Follow these steps:
- Connect your Wi-Fi-capable device to the "HVO_rbx_setup" network using the password “HVO4thewin” (case-sensitive, and that's the letter "O", not a zero).
- On the Smart Relay box enclosure, locate the cloud serial number. Either take a photo or write down the last four characters of the serial number, which may contain both letters and numbers.
- Use the browser on your device to visit this link: http://192.168.4.11:1880/setup, which will display the following page:
- Enter the last four characters of the serial number in the entry field shown above and press verify.
- Choose the target network from the list of Wi-Fi SSIDs and enter the password. Remember that the password is case sensitive, so pay attention to capitalization.
- When you’re done, press the “Save” button.
NOTE: The Wi-Fi setup process doesn’t verify your password. If you enter the wrong password, the system will not connect to Wi-Fi after it reboots. If this happens, see “Returning the Smart Relay to Wi-Fi Setup Mode”.
- The dropdown list should contain all of the networks that are in range of your HVO System. If you don’t see your network, click the back button, refresh the page, and return to step 3, above. After saving the Wi-Fi SSID and password, you should see the screen shown below.
- The Smart Relay will automatically restart. After approximately 30 seconds, you should hear a “chirp” tone, and the Smart Relay’s Status LED should be green.
Returning the Smart Relay to Wi-Fi Setup Mode
If you need to repeat the Manual Method for configuring Wi-Fi, either because you entered the wrong password, or because the network name or password has changed, you must return the Smart Relay to Wi-Fi Setup Mode.
To perform this procedure, you’ll need a non-conductive stylus, such as a wooden pencil with an eraser.
Follow these steps:
- Turn the Smart Relay power on and wait for the “chirp” sound.
- Note the color of the Status LED. If it is purple, intermittently flashing green, you are already in Wi-Fi Setup Mode. Proceed with the Manual Method instructions above.
- Look inside the square hole that reveals the Status LED on the Smart Relay and notice the small round button just below the LED.
- Using the non-conductive stylus, press the button below the Status LED three times. Each time you press it, it will change colors from blue, to purple, to red. When it turns red it will also sound the “chirp”. This will put the Smart Relay into Wi-Fi Setup Mode.
- In about 30 seconds, you will hear a “chirp” sound, and the Status LED should be purple, with intermittent green flashes.
- You may now proceed with the Manual Method instructions above.