Please follow the procedure below to disassemble and relocate the HVO safely and in a manner that does not cause damage to the system:
- Get a "parts" box to store miscellaneous items
- Switch off the Main and Drone units.
- Unplug the Main, Drone, and Relay Box(es) from wall outlets
- Unplug the machine cords from the Main, Drone and Relay Box(es) and store them in the parts box
- Unscrew the coaxial cables from the Main, Drone and Relay Box(es) and store them in the parts box
- In a room with good ventilation, or by running a hose outdoors, drain the oxygen tank of all oxygen
- When the pressure is at zero, use a pair of adjustable wrenches to remove the regulator. Use one wrench to hold the tank fitting in place, and the other to unscrew the regulator fitting. NOTE: Be careful, as brass parts are soft and will strip easily.
- Wrap the regulator in a plastic bag and store in the parts box.
- Plug the regulator hole with a plastic plug
- Wrap the relay box(es) in plastic bags and store in a box
- For each oxygen concentrator,
- Turn off the power switch
- Turn the flow meter dial clockwise until it is closed
- Use a twist tie to fold and secure the power cord and tuck it into the handle
- Wrap each concentrator in plastic, throw in a dessicant packet, place the concentrator in a box, and seal it with packing tape
- Make sure that the concentrators remain upright
- Cover each Main and Drone headbox with a plastic bag and secure to the tank
Be careful to prevent the quick-connect fitting on the back of the headbox from catching on anything (such as a hand-truck) or it will break off.
Store the equipment in a dry indoor space with humidity of less than 90%, and temperature in the range of 34-90°F.